By Daniel Perez
UTEP News Service
Special activities are planned to honor and salute UTEP students and family members who are affiliated with the U.S. military during Veterans Appreciation Week at different venues around The University of Texas at El Paso.
By Nadia M. Whitehead
UTEP News Service
Spending the night at a sleep clinic can be a bit unsettling.
What: Graduate Research Expo
When: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7
Where: Union Building East
The University of Texas at El Paso will host a talk by acclaimed Muslim scholar and author Mustafa Akyol at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6 in the Undergraduate Learning Center, room 128.
What: UTEP President Diana Natalicio and Consul General of Mexico Jacob Prado announce new IME Becas scholarship funding
When: 9:30 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6
Where: Consul General of Mexico Building, 910 E. San Antonio Ave.
What: Mexican investigative journalist Anabel Hernández to speak about drug war and journalism in symposium and lecture
When: 4-6 p.m. Nov. 11; 4:30-6:30 p.m. Nov. 12
Where: Tomas Rivera Conference Center Nov. 11; Union Cinema Nov. 12
What: UTEP student groups will participate in the 30th annual International Food Fair.
When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4
Where: Union Plaza, UTEP campus
Cost: $1 per ticket. Most combination plates will cost around $7.
UTEP Receives Major Biomedical Research Project Award to Improve the Food Supply in Africa by Preventing Rift Valley Fever Disease in Sheep and Cattle
The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) today announced that it has received a major contract from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to develop an animal vaccine against Rift Valley Fever (RVF) through the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Rift Valley Fever Control in Agriculture. The Innovation Lab’s ultimate aim is to protect livestock to help increase global food security, which is a priority of USAID under Feed the Future, the U.S. Government’s global hunger and food security initiative.
- Chicano Studies Department Attracts Hungarian Scholar
- Team Plans Research Opportunities for Underrepresented Minorities
- Social Interventions Needed to Reduce Drug War Violence
- UTEP and Fort Bliss Partner on Internship Program
- Upcoming Cyber Threat Seminar Part of DHS $1.6M Grant
- Bhutan Experience Teaches More Than Opera
- UTEP Police to Participate in National Prescription Take Back Day
- UTEP Partners with Health Organizations and Institutions for Symposium
- Lauded Psychologist, Author and Filmmaker to Deliver UTEP Centennial Lecture on U.S. Drug War
- UTEP Professor Global Humanitarian Engineering Award Finalist