By Lisa Y. Garibay
UTEP News Service
While UTEP remains the only Texas school to win an NCAA men's basketball championship, a new exhibit on campus demonstrates why the University has many other sources of pride when it comes to the history of its athletes and sports teams.
• The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has designated UTEP’s Center for Transportation Infrastructure Systems (CTIS) a member of both a national and regional University Transportation Center (UTC).
What: Registration for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) adult education courses for seniors ages 50 and older
When: Registration starts Jan. 6 and classes begin Feb. 3
Where: Miners Hall, Suite 209, or online at www.olliatutep.org
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has designated The University of Texas at El Paso’s Center for Transportation Infrastructure Systems (CTIS) a member of both a national and regional University Transportation Center (UTC).
Elsa Villa, Ph.D., a research assistant professor at The University of Texas at El Paso, has been awarded a grant from The Boeing Company to expand the Engineering is Elementary (EIE) program in the El Paso Independent School District (EPISD).
El Paso audiences will get to see, hear and groove to an original blend of two high-energy musical traditions presented by Lola Productions at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at The University of Texas at El Paso’s Magoffin Auditorium.
Tickets are on sale now for Sinatra Forever: A Tribute to Frank Sinatra, scheduled for 8 p.m. Valentine’s Day 2014 at The University of Texas at El Paso’s Magoffin Auditorium.
• Jan. 1, 2014, will mark the beginning The University of Texas at El Paso’s Centennial year. Please see the following useful links that pertain to events happening during UTEP’s Centennial:
- UTEP Celebrates More Than 2,200 Graduates in 131st Commencement
- Liberal Arts Honors Program Celebrates First Year of Success
- ONE Chapter Wins 'Mandela' Screening
- Institute’s New Leader Eager to Promote Healthy Living
- UTEP Graduation Boasts Record Number of Doctoral Candidates
- UTEP Expects to Award Record Number of Doctoral Degrees
- Former Olympian Supports Future Athletic Stars
- A Smoke Free Paso del Norte to Host Appreciation Luncheon
- New Exhibit to Showcase the History of UTEP Athletics
- Students Kick Off Finals Week with Midnight Breakfast