Miguel Velez-Reyes, Ph.D., professor and chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The University of Texas at El Paso, is working with Spectral MD to help develop new, non-invasive technology to see deep within the human skin to assess tissue health and provide earlier detection of bed sores, damage from burns, infections and cancer.
What: UTEP’s Engineering and Science Extravaganza
What: NASA's Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Aerospace Academy (SEMAA) at UTEP will host a family event for children to learn about space exploration. UTEP alumnus Danny Olivas, a former NASA astronaut, will be a special guest, signing copies of his new book, Endeavour’s Long Journey.
The University of Texas at El Paso and UTEP’s College of Business Administration will host a lecture by Richard W. Fisher, president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, at 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 10 in the Undergraduate Learning Center, room 128. The lecture is free and open to the public.
By Jenn Crawford
UTEP News Service
Schuster Avenue will be limited to two lanes beginning Monday, April 8 so that the Texas Department of Transportation can begin utility work in preparation for the Spur 1966 project.
The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) will be conducting a health impact assessment (HIA) to look at the potential health impacts of proposed infrastructure improvements in Vinton, Texas.
By Victor Garcia
UTEP News Service
The University of Texas at El Paso has been included on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll list for 2013.
UTEP’s 3rd annual Women’s History Month Conference, “The Naked Truth: Innovative Women in the STEM fields and the Arts,” begins with a talk by NASA’s dive operations training officer, Sara Williams, at noon Tuesday, April 2 in the El Paso Natural Gas Conference Center on Wiggins Road. The event and the full conference are free and open to the public.
- UTEP Calendar of Events (April 1 -7)
- UTEP Professors Named Best in Texas
- Community Program Targets Colon Cancer
- Professor Takes 'Liberating Structures' Methodology Around the World
- UTEP Maintains Prestigious AACSB Accounting Accreditation
- Faculty Invited to Try Classroom Voice Control App This Summer
- Former UTEP Professor Crowd-Funds to Get Promising Alzheimer’s Drug on the Market
- 3-D Printing Goes to Space
- UTEP Calendar of Events (March 25-31)
- Benjamin Alire Sáenz Wins 2013 PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction