Consul Prado, UTEP President Natalicio and Mexican sculptor Sebastián to Announce Centennial Gift to Honor Relationship between Mexico and UTEP
What: Centennial gift announcement by the Honorable Jacob Prado, Consul General of Mexico in El Paso
When: 4 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21
*Where: Lawn in front of the UTEP Library
WHAT: Great American Smokeout kickoff
WHEN: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 20
WHERE: UTEP Union East, 3rd floor
The University of Texas at El Paso men’s soccer club will participate in the 20th annual NIRSA National Soccer Championships Nov. 21-23 at the Reach 11 Sport Complex in Phoenix. This is the team’s first appearance in the tournament since 2005.
What: The first-ever 3-D printed electronics will be launched into space.
When: Preparations for launch begin at 6:30 p.m. (EST) Tuesday, Nov. 19.
Mission is set for liftoff between 7:30 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. (EST)
Where: NASA’s Flight Facility in Wallops, VA
• If you’re not hooked up to WiFi, video chatting on your smartphone can be a pretty choppy experience. Users often run into frustrating problems like highly pixelated or frozen frames, lagging video or audio, and connection losses.
What: Veterans, those with military affiliations and their families, and educators from throughout Region 19 will be among the honored guests during UTEP’s final home football game in 2013.
When: 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16
Where: Sun Bowl Stadium
By Laura L. Acosta
UTEP News Service
During her 18-year career as a nurse practitioner, Guillermina Solis, Ph.D., has seen the devastating effects a fall can have on an older adult’s health and independence.
What: Centennial Lecture by Shannon O’Neil, senior fellow for Latin American studies at the Council on Foreign Relations
When: 5 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19
Where: Undergraduate Learning Center, room 106
The Centennial Lecture Series welcomes Shannon K. O’Neil, Ph.D., to speak at The University of Texas at El Paso in the second lecture of the academic year. The lecture is free and open to the public.
- Reducing Video Chat Bandwidth by Studying the Human Gaze
- Music Department to Present Annual Gala Nov. 17
- UTEP Names New Director of Center for Inter-American and Border Studies
- Symposium and Lecture Reveal Complexities of Drug Policy
- Men’s Soccer Club Earns Bid to National Championship Tourney
- UTEP, Cinemark Partner to Benefit Area Charities
- GM Challenge to Give UTEP Students Real-World Conundrum
- UTEP Music Department to Present Annual Gala
- Texas Ethics Commission to Hold First Ethics Training Symposium at UTEP
- UTEP MEDIA TIP SHEET - WEEK OF NOV. 11, 2013