What: Unveiling of original pickaxe pieces by 12 acclaimed local artists
When: 1:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27
Where: UTEP Union Gallery (Union Building West, 2nd floor)
What: Paso del Norte FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) Qualifying Tournament
When: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 25
Where: Memorial Gym at The University of Texas at El Paso
Local students in grades 7 – 12 will compete in an FTC Qualifying Tournament hosted by the College of Engineering’s Robotics Program.
The University of Texas at El Paso’s Get Reel film series will kick off its spring 2014 lineup with the Oscar-nominated movie Captain Phillips starring Tom Hanks at 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31 and Saturday, Feb. 1 at the UTEP Union Cinema.
What: UTEP and El Paso International Airport will unveil an exhibit in honor of UTEP’s Centennial Celebration
When: 1:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 24
Where: El Paso International Airport lobby, between the check-in counters and baggage claim
America Makes, the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute, has awarded a team of university and corporate partners — led by The University of Texas at El Paso — a grant to further 3-D printing technologies for rapid manufacturing of aerospace systems.
Students at The University of Texas at El Paso will return to campus Tuesday, Jan. 21, for a spring semester that will include a few new courses and numerous activities tied to the University’s Centennial Celebration in 2014.
The University of Texas at El Paso will be closed Monday, Jan. 20 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
At the start of The University of Texas at El Paso’s Centennial year, the Friends of the Library have named book designers Arlyn Nathan and Tom Leech winners of the 14th Carl Hertzog Award for Excellence in Book Design for Jack Thorp’s Songs of the Cowboys by Jack Thorp with editor Mark Lee Gardner (2012). The book was published by The Press at the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, N.M.
- Economists, Academics and Business Leaders to Talk About Borderplex Regional Economy
- Mayor Oscar Leeser and City Council Join in Celebration of Centennial Year
- City Council to Recognize UTEP’s Centennial
- UTEP MEDIA TIP SHEET - WEEK OF JAN. 13, 2014
- UTEP Kicks Off Centennial Year
- School Nurses Head Back to Class at UTEP
- Reserved Student Became Catalyst for Desegregation at TWC
- New Year Signals More, Bigger Centennial Celebration Activities
- ‘Miner Strong’ Exhibit Kicks Off New Year
- UTEP MEDIA TIP SHEET - WEEK OF JAN. 6, 2014