What: Lauded mandolin and clarinet player Andy Statman to perform and speak at UTEP
When: 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, May 8
Where: Blumberg Auditorium, UTEP Library
American Water Recycling, a UTEP student startup company, won the $100,000 UT Horizon Fund Student Investment Competition May 2 at The University of Texas System headquarters in Austin.
What: Chemistry Research Expo
When: 4 to 5:10 p.m. Friday, May 3 and 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, May 4
Where: Friday: Chemistry and Computer Science Building, room G.0208; Saturday: Physical Sciences Building, room 208
The College of Liberal Arts and The Sam Donaldson Center for Communication Studies at The University of Texas at El Paso will host a Centennial Lecture titled “Midnight in Mexico – A Reporter’s Journey through a Country’s Descent into Darkness,” by Alfredo Corchado, Mexico bureau chief for the Dallas Morning News and UTEP alumnus, at 5 p.m. Thursday, May 9. The free public lecture will take place in the Undergraduate Learning Center, room 126, on Wiggins Road.
What: UTEP mentors to help graduating high school seniors apply for college on GenTX (Generation Texas) Day
When: Friday, May 3
Where: 32 high school campuses around the region
The University of Texas at El Paso has opened registration for scores of classes that will be available during summer sessions and the fall 2013 semester, and UTEP officials suggest students act fast.
Maria Schrock, a Ph.D. candidate in UTEP’s Department of History, has received a highly competitive $80,000 grant from Mexico’s Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT).
Raymond Rumpf, Ph.D., director of the EM Lab at The University of Texas at El Paso, and his team have developed a way to control electromagnetic waves in three-dimensional space using 3-D printed plastic metamaterials, manmade materials engineered to have superior properties.
- UTEP Names New Communication Department Chair
- UTEP Calendar of Events (April 29-May 5)
- Spring Convocation Celebrates Excellence, Reflects on Past
- UTEP Professor Named to Academy of Distinguished Teachers
- Student Researchers Learn to Connect with General Public
- Interdisciplinary Research Grows on Campus
- Texas Legislators Recognize 100-Year Anniversary of UTEP's Establishment
- Alumni Create App to Help Parents
- New One-Stop Shop Caters to Military-Affiliated Students
- UTEP Calendar of Events (April 22-28)