- Published on Monday, 18 March 2013 18:10
The Mining Minds pick at The University of Texas at El Paso roundabout will be illuminated in blue and orange on Tuesday evening, March 19, to commemorate the anniversary of the 1966 NCAA basketball championship.
- Published on Friday, 15 March 2013 17:17
What: Engineering students to build a concrete canoe and practice rowing
Canoe Building - 5:30 to 8 p.m. Friday, March 15
Rowing Practice - 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, March 17
Canoe Building - UTEP Facilities Greenhouse off Sun Bowl Drive
Rowing Practice - Ascarate Park Lake
- Published on Tuesday, 12 March 2013 16:29
Robert A. Kirken, Ph.D., has been appointed dean of the College of Science at The University of Texas at El Paso.
- Published on Thursday, 07 March 2013 18:43
What: 4th Local Citizen Bee Competition
When: 8:30 a.m. to noon, Saturday, March 9
Where: Classroom and Liberal Arts buildings, UTEP campus
El Paso high school students will have the opportunity to show off their knowledge of American jurisprudence at the 4th annual local Citizen Bee competition.
- Published on Thursday, 07 March 2013 17:10
What: Centennial Lecture by former U.S. Poet Laureate Philip Levine
When: 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 12
Where: Undergraduate Learning Center, room 106, UTEP campus
- Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 17:53
UTEP music students will have the opportunity to learn from a leader in the industry when acclaimed jazz vocalist Jackie Ryan – whose most recent album currently holds the No. 1 spot on the JazzWeek charts – visits the University in April as a guest instructor.
- Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 16:12
More than 1,200 members of the Miner Nation are expected to volunteer their time at more than 70 sites around the El Paso region as part of The University of Texas at El Paso’s 4th annual Project MOVE.
University of Texas at El Paso President Diana Natalicio Elected Board Chair of American Council on Education
- Published on Monday, 04 March 2013 18:13
Washington, D.C. (March 4, 2013)—Diana Natalicio, president of The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP),
has been elected chair of the Board of Directors of the American Council on Education (ACE), the major
coordinating body for all the nation's higher education institutions.
- TIAA-CREF Honors Diana Natalicio with 2013 Theodore M. Hesburgh Award for Leadership Excellence
- Interdisciplinary Research Expert to Speak at UTEP
- Distinguished Physicist Johann Rafelski to Lecture On Meteor Theory
- Professor Awarded NSF Grant to Study Strategic Decision Making
- Julio Ortega to Deliver Centennial Lecture at UTEP
- UTEP Professors to Study Immigration and Crime Through NSF Grant
- UTEP Communication Professor Receives Teaching Award
- Desalination Project Nears 100 Percent Efficiency Goal
- Scholars Program Prepares Future Campus, Community Leaders
- Pineda Named Donaldson Center Director