A record-breaking more than 2,600 graduates from The University of Texas at El Paso celebrated the culmination of years of hard work, study and sacrifice during the University’s three spring Commencement ceremonies May 18 at the Don Haskins Center.
By Sandy Hicks
UTEP News Service
Museum Studies students are honoring a few of UTEP’s lesser-known “heroes.”
An exhibit created in conjunction with UTEP’s Centennial Celebration looks at UTEP’s identity, success and achievements in a nontraditional way.
The heart of the UTEP campus is about to undergo a striking transformation as work begins on the new Centennial Plaza, the signature project in UTEP's multifaceted redesign of its outdoor spaces.
The Mining Minds pick at the UTEP roundabout will be illuminated in blue and orange from Wednesday evening, May 15, through Sunday evening, May 19, to commemorate The University of Texas at El Paso’s Class of 2013.
More than 2,600 students will cross the stage to receive their respective degrees during the three spring Commencement ceremonies May 18 at The University of Texas at El Paso’s Don Haskins Center.
A trio of UTEP students at different points in their academic journeys decided six months ago to create a business, where a new technology would recycle water in an affordable, environmentally-friendly way. They have refined their business plan and earned praise for their poise and passion in several competitive presentations.
UTEP Pharmacy Program Surpasses 100 Graduates
What: UTEP-UT Austin Cooperative Pharmacy Program Hooding Ceremony
When: Hooding Ceremony: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, May 10, followed by a reception from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Where: Health Sciences and Nursing Building
The UTEP Cooperative Pharmacy Program (CPP) will surpass 100 graduates and bestow its 107th Doctor of Pharmacy degree at a hooding ceremony for 12 graduates from the Class of 2013.
- Top Jazz Singer Teaches and Performs at UTEP
- Leadership Program Graduates 3rd Cohort
- Students Among First to Benefit from New Graduate Fellowship Incentive Program
- Longest-Serving Professor Decides to Retire after 56 Years
- UTEP Joins the Center for Energy Efficient Electronics Science
- UTEP to Celebrate Nurses
- Journalist to Give Centennial Lecture on Dangers of Reporting in Mexico
- Communication Department Takes Students, Ideas to Indonesia
- UTEP Calendar of Events (May 6 - 12)
- World-Renowned Musician Andy Statman to Perform and Speak at UTEP