What: Centennial Lecture by Ambassador Mauro Vieira
When: 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26
Where: Undergraduate Learning Center, Room 106, UTEP campus
What: 11th International Sun Conference on Teaching and Learning
When: 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, through 5:30 p.m. Friday, March 7
Where: Third floor of UTEP’s Union Building East
The University of Texas at El Paso will host a workshop on applying for grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) on Tuesday, Feb. 25 at the Blumberg Auditorium, located on the first floor of the UTEP Library. The event is free and open to the public.
What: 21st Century Scholars workshop
When: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 19
Where: Tomás Rivera Conference Center, UTEP Union Building East
A two-year grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) to The University of Texas at El Paso’s Center for Inter-American and Border Studies (CIBS) will promote a greater awareness of the human complexities involved in the issues and discourse of border security.
What: The University of Texas at El Paso will host a 3 Day Startup competition where students from undergraduates to doctoral candidates from various disciplines will generate an idea and develop it into a prototype by the end of the event.
When: 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21, to 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23
Where: UTEP’s Business Administration Building lobby and Texas Gas Service Student Center
By Lisa Y. Garibay
UTEP News Service
The performing arts determine success by what you do up on stage. For the second time in a month, Zuill Bailey, cello professor at The University of Texas at El Paso, spent another week on top of the legendary Billboard charts.
What: FIRST Lego League Championship and noncompetitive scrimmage in collaboration with the El Paso STEM Foundation
When: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15
Where: Memorial Gym, UTEP campus
- Grant Creates New Faculty Fellows for Border Studies
- Marines Training Tests Students at National Leadership Academy
- Love Story Among Those Submitted for Centennial Celebration
- Miners Get Heart Healthy on Valentine’s Day
- UTEP Centennial Exhibit to Open at El Paso Museum of History
- UTEP Encyclopedia Writes the Book on University History
- Mentors Help Parents Navigate Child Welfare System
- Centennial Speaker Seeks 'Just and Humane' Solutions for Immigration Policy
- UTEP Celebrates Black History Month
- Public Art Featured During 'Arts on Campus' Walking Tour